THE STAR WARS COLLECTOR
The Star Wars Collector was a magazine by collectors, for collectors, about all aspects of collecting all Star Wars-related items of all time periods.
Each issue of The Star Wars Collector was filled with useful
and informative articles on everything from the latest and greatest
(and not so great) collectibles; interviews with major collectors,
authors, and industry professionals; tips on the care and feeding of
your collection; and information to help you avoid being ripped off by
unscrupulous dealers. There were also comical items; worst new products
awards, and more. Overall, we feel that this was one of, if not the,
best collecting magazines available.
Regular columns included:
- Comlink: reader feedback and Q&A
- Jedi Holocron: editorial and personal news from the publisher
- Comic Corner: Rich Handley's ongoing documentary of comic books
- Poster Pageant: Pete Vilmur's ongoing documentary of posters
- From a Certain Point of View: duelling columnists on a different topic each issue
- Bothan Spy Report: rumors and inside info
- Targeting Computer: a calendar of current and future collectibles and events
- Bantha Pudu: things we love to hate
- Collector Spotlight: autobiographies of the hobby's biggies
- Never Tell Me the Odds: a top ten list derived from reader feedback.
- and the List of the Month
The last several issues of SWC featured the following:
- Exclusive interviews with supercollector Steve Sansweet;
authors Michael Stackpole, Kristine K. Rusch, Steve Perry, and the
late Brian Daley; AMT/ERTL artist H. Ed Cox; and West End Games
artists Pablo Hidalgo and Chris Trevas
- Complete checklists of West End Games; Marvel comics; Kenner card backs; Kenner POF coins; fanzines;
as well as complete checklists of Yoda, X-wing, and Chewbacca collectibles
- World-wide conventions and Toy Fair reports
- LEGO; video games; Donny and Marie Osmond; cereal boxes; spoons; Canadian shrinkwrapped figures; QVC; drunken ewok actor; birthday cakes; wookiee commode
- How toys and figures are made
- How to spot fake vinyl-caped jawa (loose and carded) and fake rocketfett
Back issues are always available;
click here for a complete list and ordering information.
WHOM TO CONTACT
All questions and comments regarding the newsletter or this website should be addressed to:
Martin is also the author of The Star Wars Collector's Bible, an extensive list of SW collectibles.
Star Wars and all other copyrighted trademarks are ©Lucasfilm,
Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Use of such material was intended as a
tribute to, and not an infringement upon, Lucasfilm, Ltd.
The Star Wars
Collector was a not-for-profit effort not officially associated,
sponsored, nor sanctioned by Lucasfilm, Ltd.
The Star Wars Collector
endeavored to provide accurate and useful information, but mistakes do
happen and as such, we cannot be held responsible for any reader's
collecting misfortune (but feel free to credit us with your
All articles, etc., that appeared in The Star Wars Collector were
copyright © Martin Thurn and The Star Wars Collector (unless otherwise noted at the time of publication), and may not be
reprinted without the express written permission of the author and
The Star Wars Collector (hey, we're easy, just ask!).